Step 1: You can use the buttons below to sign up online for a membership. We offer an annual membership through PayPal and a mid-year membership for new members that is a one-time payment via PayPal.
You can also mail in your Membership Form and dues to the following address: PO Box 182, La Salle, IL 61301
Step 2: Once your dues are paid, you need to create your business landing page – it’s easy! Click here to download the detailed instructions. This is not created automatically (yet!) and you will need to click on “Become a Member” to register for the site the first time.
Wondering where your dues go? Click here for flyer.
- To help organize our largest event, JazzN’ the Street and BBQ-n-Blues in early September. This two-day event covers First Street with tasty food vendors and booths hosted by various community organizations.
- Friday night includes a BBQ rib cook-off with a beer garden and wonderful Blues music all evening long.
- Saturday includes an evening’s worth of Jazz music with local and regional wine tasting, a beer garden and fireworks display to close out the event.
- To help beautify the downtown streets with wonderful flowering planters, planter boxes and sidewalk plats, festive holiday greens as well as the maintenance and watering throughout the year. The speaker system along First Street was a joint project with the City of La Salle and can be expanded in the future
- To help maintain the LBA website and social media accounts, which includes an interactive map, landing page for each of the member businesses as well as a combined Facebook event feed to showcase each LBA member’s events – lasallebusiness.org.
- To help promote and organize the nationally recognized Small Business Saturday, which takes place the last Saturday of November each year.
- Small Business Saturday encourages consumers to shop locally and promote small businesses in their community.
- The LBA promotes the event, organizes the participating businesses and offers raffle prizes to multi-business shoppers that day. This event continues to grow both nationally and locally here in La Salle each year.
- To host member events throughout the year such as the spring Awards Banquet that honors a Business of the Year and a Businessperson of the Year. A Holiday Party is also organized each year in early December and open to all La Salle businesses.
- Peek Into La Salle was launched in 2015 with a partnership from North Central IL ArtWorks. Local artists showcase their work while patrons taste various local wines and enjoy live music. This event continues to grow each year!
- Organize new events like December’s Christkindlmarket that help to bring people into La Salle. This two day event offered shoppers and visitors live entertainment, hand selected vendors selling unique and holiday-themed wares, as well as authentic food and drink. This event utilized many non-retail businesses in La Salle during the construction of the eight huts and the 2nd Street parking lot improvements.
- Host community centered events such as the Farm to Table Dinner held in October at the beautifully renovated St. Roch’s Cathedral. The idea for this event was brought to us by a member, and as an organization we made it happen.
- To help identify projects around town which represent the true spirit of the La Salle Business Association and its members.
- Completed projects:
- Install an outdoor speaker system along a 4.5 block section of First Street
- Work with the City of La Salle to help acquire a nationally recognized downtown Historic District designation. At printing, this has been recommended by the state board and should be approved by the Department of Interior in January 2018. This designation allows for building owners to obtain a 20% tax cut on renovation costs if the building is within the limits.
- Renovating the 2nd Street parking lot with new decorative fencing and cornerstone (completed 2015)
- 40+ new trees along Bucklin Street and throughout the downtown streets (completed 2017)
- Order and install 10 new permanent park benches throughout downtown to offer visitors, and shoppers a place to relax (completed 2017)
- 2018 Project ideas:
- Staircase from First Street (near Lock 16 Café) to the parking lot behind Stage 212 with brighter lighting, this project would help with parking issues.
- Help to establish a City-wide gift card program
- Plan an event to incorporate the north-end and/or non-retail businesses
- Distribute a member/business survey and use results to fine-tune events and use as a tool for future events.
- Continue to revamp our website, eblasts and social media accounts to get information out to both local and regional visitors.
- Completed projects: