Where your dues go
- To help organize our largest event, Jazz’N the Street and BBQ-n-Blues in early September. This two-day event covers First Street with tasty food vendors and booths hosted by various community organizations.
- To help beautify the downtown and surrounding streets with over 100 wonderful flowering planters, planter boxes and sidewalk plats, festive holiday greens as well as the maintenance and watering throughout the year. The speaker system along First Street was a joint project with the City of La Salle and can be expanded in the future.
- To help promote and organize the nationally recognized Small Business Saturday, which takes place the last Saturday of November each year. Small Business Saturday encourages consumers to shop locally and promote small businesses in their community. Over 50 businesses in La Salle participate in this event.
- To help maintain the LBA website and social media outlets, which includes an interactive map, landing page for each of the member businesses, e-blasts and shares to promote member businesses and events, and promote regional events to attract visitors to your business.
- To host member events throughout the year such as the spring Awards Banquet that honors a Business of the Year and a Businessperson of the Year. A Holiday Party is also organized each year in early December and open to all La Salle businesses and businesspeople.
- Organize December’s Christkindlmarket that help to bring people into La Salle. This two day event offered shoppers and visitors live entertainment, hand selected vendors selling unique and holiday themed wares, as well as authentic food and drink. This event utilizes many non-retail businesses.
- Host community centered events such as the Farm to Table Dinner held in October at the beautifully renovated St. Roch’s Cathedral.
- To help identify projects around town which represent the true spirit of the La Salle Business Association and its members.
Completed projects: Outdoor speaker system to promote a welcoming atmosphere to visitors and shoppers, work with the City of La Salle to receive Downtown Historic District designation which includes federal tax incentives for developers and owners, install permanent park benches
2019 Goals: utilize new marketing techniques to attract visitors from the Starved Rock area and surrounding parks, help to install a large mural in the downtown area, establish a City-wide gift card program, plan a the north-end and/or non-retail businesses event, membership and event survey, continue to revamp our website and send out more eblasts to continue to promote La Salle and LBA members on social media.